is this to much trouble or to expensive to do?

More
30 Jan 2007 21:00 #109303 by kawsakiman
my co-worker wants to sell me his project 99gsxr for $500
i know the forks and swingarm will fit with mods on my 1000
is this to hard of a swap?
no rims so i need to find them
2 motors. 1 carb and 1 fuelie
i'm thinking of off-loading the other parts to recoup the money i got to lay out

but i want the inverted fork front end for my bike and the mono-shock set-up

is this a rich man's project or is it a easy job?
cost is a factor since i am now buying another house.

i'm looking for opnions and possible costs here.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2007 15:30 #109422 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic is this to much trouble or to expensive to do?
The forks and swingarm, etc alone would set you back about $500. I say take and sell the parts you don't need on eBay. '96-'00 wheels are pretty much all the same, you could probably get away with '01 and newer rims really. I can tell you that a front rim will cost more than a rear rim no matter what bike since the front rim sees the curb first.

Getting the mono-shock set up is the hardest part everything else is pretty easy. I'm not sure what you're willing to spend on it but I'm have a '01 Gsxr600 front end, a '95 Gsxr750 front rim, a '91 Gsxr750 arm, '92 Gsxr1100 linkage, a '95 Gsxr750 rear rim and a '04 CBR600RR shock and I have about $250 in the front and $100 in the rear, not including any labor that needs to be done yet. I score a bunch of cheap stuff on eBay and at swap meets so I'm probably lower than what some people have paid.

And as long as you don't modify any off the Gsxr stuff, if you want to go a different route you can always sell everything and start over.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.