Will it leak?

More
03 Dec 2005 12:45 #11595 by OKC_Kent
Will it leak? was created by OKC_Kent
If i fill my fuel tank to the top when it is on the centerstand, (when i winterize it) will it leak from the cap if it has to be placed on the sidestand? I'm looking to see if any has done this before i try it. My fuel cap gasket is new.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
03 Dec 2005 14:49 #11604 by Duck
Replied by Duck on topic Will it leak?
If you fill it with mix for your two stroke yard tools and slosh it around a bit it won't rust and you can drain and use for the yard tools come spring.

As for leaking, I don't know, I've never filled tank to the top on any of my bikes because I alwasy fill on the side stand.

-Duck

More
03 Dec 2005 16:34 #11622 by GargantuChet
Replied by GargantuChet on topic Will it leak?
Yes, it will. Or, at least, mine did when I filled it with the bike upright. :blink:

More
03 Dec 2005 16:48 #11624 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic Will it leak?
OK, thanks.

Oklahoma City, OK

More
05 Dec 2005 07:44 #11855 by ronboskz650sr
Replied by ronboskz650sr on topic Will it leak?
Kent, how long are you putting it away for in OKC? we're in central Missouri, and it works out to no more than 2 weeks at a time for us. Maybe a dose of seafoam and riding when the weather's good would be okay. I works here for us, along with regular scheduled maintenance throughout the winter.

More
05 Dec 2005 11:25 #11888 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic Will it leak?
I don't know how long it will be Ron... I Stabil'ed the gas tank, hooked up the battery tender, and will try to get her out when it warms up. I hope there will be a a day or two every few weeks around here where I can get out for a quick ride. I also changed the oil a few hundred miles ago. I do have to clean it up and polish it, :whistle:

I stopped riding to work when it got below 40 in the morning. I don't have any warm pants, overalls, etc. and it was a pain stripping off long underwear at work, just to put it back on to go home.

I see a guy on a Suzuki cruiser every day going to work. He's got some overalls, and who knows what else underneath. He looks like a stuffed sausage. :P

Oklahoma City, OK