Frame measurment needed

More
20 Jan 2006 20:00 #19000 by johnny chop
Frame measurment needed was created by johnny chop
I have a 78 Kawa 750 twin (In storage) & I need a measurment or two,maybe someone can help.......
I need...the width of the frame behind the tank..
also ,the max. width of the frame & the distance from the rear of the tank to the rearward most part of the frame. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2006 21:01 #19008 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Frame measurment needed
I have a 78 frame in the garage, so if you will be a little more specific on exactly where you want measurements taken I'll do it tomorrow.

KD9JUR

More
20 Jan 2006 21:58 #19017 by johnny chop
Replied by johnny chop on topic Frame measurment needed
steell wrote:

I have a 78 frame in the garage, so if you will be a little more specific on exactly where you want measurements taken I'll do it tomorrow.

I'm trying to find out how big a seat pan has to be. The guy who is making the seat for me ask me these questions...
1....The width of the frame behind the tank
2....The maxium width of the frame
3....The distance from the rear of the tank to the rearward most part of the frame.
He wants to make a seat pan and needs these measurements. I realize you only have a frame & no tank but maybe you can help.....Thanks....J.C.

More
20 Jan 2006 22:03 #19018 by steell
Actually I probably have enough parts to put two bikes together with spare parts left over, I'll just have to dig out a tank :D

Do you need a stock seat pan, or is this for a custom seat?

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/01/21 01:04

KD9JUR

More
21 Jan 2006 17:41 #19148 by johnny chop
steell wrote:

Actually I probably have enough parts to put two bikes together with spare parts left over, I'll just have to dig out a tank :D

Do you need a stock seat pan, or is this for a custom seat?<br><br>Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/01/21 01:04

This is going to be a custom seat....Cafe style. The guy is going to see if he has a fiberglass pan. If not he'll be makin one. J.C.

More
22 Jan 2006 09:54 #19256 by steell
77 KZ750B frame is 8" wide at the back edge of the tank, then it tapers out to 10" wide about 10" from the tank, and then it gradually tapers to 8" at the rear of the frame. I'll have to go back out and measure the total length because I forgot to measure it :(

Approximately 30.5" from the tank to the rear of the frame.

77 and 78 frame is the same.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/01/22 13:00

KD9JUR

More
22 Jan 2006 14:15 #19300 by johnny chop
steell wrote:

77 KZ750B frame is 8" wide at the back edge of the tank, then it tapers out to 10" wide about 10" from the tank, and then it gradually tapers to 8" at the rear of the frame. I'll have to go back out and measure the total length because I forgot to measure it :(

Approximately 30.5" from the tank to the rear of the frame.

77 and 78 frame is the same.<br><br>Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/01/22 13:00

Thanks for checking that out for me!!
Will relay what you found.BTW.....did go and work on it today. Speedo & tach cables were broke. And the bulbs were blown! Pics to follow.....Dam digi camera's battery dead..J.C.