Dual Disc Z1 (Repost?)

• cashmore1985
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 May 2008 12:25 #211377 by cashmore1985
Dual Disc Z1 (Repost?) was created by cashmore1985
This is probably a repost but the search feature doesn't seem to work very well for me. I have a 73 Z1 and would like to go to dual rotors and calipers. Is there anywhere I can reliably find the things I need? Thanks.

1973 Z1 900. Currently ratty. Black Mac Performance 4-1 canister exhaust. Emgo Pod Filters, LTD Seat, 3 point crash bars, big ass touring screen. Work in progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2008 12:57 #211390 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic Dual Disc Z1 (Repost?)
Try Jeff @ Z1 Enterprises. He carries EVERYTHING needed for this. And if need be can talk/walk you through it.
Pat

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

More
06 May 2008 04:05 #211522 by madderkaw
Replied by madderkaw on topic Dual Disc Z1 (Repost?)
I put dual discs on my 650 and 900. It'd pretty easy, as the mounting bosses are built into the forks. The hardest part is that the forks should be taken out and turned around. The calipers should be on the back side of the forks. Discs and calipers are a dime a dozen, you can pretty much find them on the ground if you look hard enough. You should get braided steel lines (I had them made by speigler). But all in all it really is pretty easy to do.

More
06 May 2008 08:00 - 06 May 2008 08:02 #211552 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic Dual Disc Z1 (Repost?)
madderkaw wrote:

I put dual discs on my 650 and 900. It'd pretty easy, as the mounting bosses are built into the forks. The hardest part is that the forks should be taken out and turned around. The calipers should be on the back side of the forks. Discs and calipers are a dime a dozen, you can pretty much find them on the ground if you look hard enough. You should get braided steel lines (I had them made by speigler). But all in all it really is pretty easy to do.

Z1 discs and calipers a dime a dozen, you can find them on the ground?? Damn I'm moving next door to you!!!
Now 650 and KZ's I would agree with you, but Z1's?? I don't think so..
The dual splitter and right hand calipier bracket used to be hard to find. But Jeff carries repo's of all these at GREAT prices. As I stated above, Jeff @ Z1 Enterprises is the guy for ALL your Z1 needs.
I do agree that for handling it's best to move them to the back of the forks. But I like the looks of the factory front mounting.

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?
Last edit: 06 May 2008 08:02 by patmann.