New forks, different axle

More
12 Mar 2009 07:31 #271341 by Mercymac
New forks, different axle was created by Mercymac
I just purchased a shorter pair of forks for my KZ900A, and the axle diameter that it calls for is consistent with that of a Ninja 250, which i have the axle. Do i need to order a ninja 250 wheel? or can I replace a couple bearings and such in my KZ wheel to make it work with the smaller axle?

"If you dont know where you're going, its hard to get there.."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2009 08:45 #271348 by StreetfighterKz
Replied by StreetfighterKz on topic New forks, different axle
A wheel bearing swap is the easiest answer but remember that the new brake caliper(s) and old rotor(s) may not line up. What are the new forks from? Maybe we can help you figure out how to mix/match components?

Later, Doug

1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

More
12 Mar 2009 09:28 #271351 by Mercymac
Replied by Mercymac on topic New forks, different axle
I bought the forks with the understanding that they were just shorter and needed a different axle.. when I recieved them I asked the seller what they were from, he said that they were from a KZ drag bike, that he had a ninja 250 wheel, tire, claliper, and rotor. So i started with just ordering a axle to see what i could do with my old wheel. So im going to swap the bearings today, and then I ordered a used caliper for a ninja 250 to apply to the new forks, and then i will see how the rotor lines up with that, If you have any Ideas i would GREATLY appriciate it!!

Thanks..

"If you dont know where you're going, its hard to get there.."