Drilling Brake Rotors

More
08 Mar 2006 17:40 #29478 by btchalice
Replied by btchalice on topic Drilling Brake Rotors
invest in a drill doctor:silly:

Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2006 05:18 #29549 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Drilling Brake Rotors
one thing to keep in mind , the machine shop is set up for this, they can control the speed and feed, which you will be limited to on a drill press.
I would not use a center cutting end mill in a drill press, the spindle is not set up for this and you will have a lot of problems

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
10 Mar 2006 12:36 #29906 by madderkaw
Replied by madderkaw on topic Drilling Brake Rotors
Well, I'm heading home from work and I'll be trying everybody's suggestions over the weekend. Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know how I make out.

More
10 Mar 2006 18:11 #29984 by sven
Replied by sven on topic another foruim same subject
ron chinoy at rddreams gives a great how to on drilling disks. my only dif is on the lay out i like to use a print out of a degree wheel get the same lay out for multi discs... www.rddreams.com go to the red part of the opening page and when it loads look for the header of how to's , ooh and the drill doctor tip was the best one after the universal truth of if its hard go slow

Post edited by: sven, at: 2006/03/10 21:15

Post edited by: sven, at: 2006/03/10 21:16

Post edited by: sven, at: 2006/03/10 21:17

More
28 Mar 2006 04:36 #34879 by madderkaw
Replied by madderkaw on topic another foruim same subject
Well, I tried and tried but I got nowhere. Last night I dropped them off with a friend of mine who works in a machine shop. I should have done this from the start, but I'm never one to take the easy route (just ask my wife or mom). Unfortunately he is on vaction from work this week, so I probably won't get them back for a couple of weeks. On a totaly unrelated note; a friend of mine called me last night and said he got a free room for Americade. It's at the Fort William Henry, right in the middle of everything. I'll be there. Keep an eye out for a red 80 650 LTD (with beautiful brand new drilled rotors).