'nuther newby

• SpokeWheel650B
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
15 Oct 2006 21:13 #84607 by SpokeWheel650B
'nuther newby was created by SpokeWheel650B
Hi All!!
New guy here, been a guest for quite awhile but always knew I would have another KZ four at some point in my future (I had a '77 KZ1000A back around '84 but it had the rats run out of it by the time I owned it :(
I have always liked the Z's and the baby Z 650's during the ducktail years but never pursued finding another one. Weeeelll....guess what? A friend that I had not seen in way too many years calls me up and procedes to tell me of a mint original '78 KZ650B he needs to get off of 'cause he wants a modern bike instead and has no room for two bikes at his place. OK, so I go into the phone interogation regarding the exact model and overall condition. "It's orange, hasn't seen much weather, spoke wheels (I LOVE spoke wheels!) hasn't run in 15yrs and oh yea it's got 3,400 miles on it". Needless to say I about dropped the phone and jetted over to see the little dear. I pull up to his place and what greets me in the car port but a very stock, near mint (albiet dusty) '78 KZ650B :woohoo: :woohoo: I think THIS one is a keeper:)

BTW...anyone got a front fender in nice shape they would sell? Mine seems to have had it's leadng edge removed for some important reason :(
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2006 21:20 #84609 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic 'nuther newby
Nice score. The bike looks great.

More
15 Oct 2006 22:06 #84617 by Mikes82KZ1100
Replied by Mikes82KZ1100 on topic 'nuther newby
There is always someone looking to get rid of junk for free. Don't burden yourself with his problem. Just tell him to put a $20 under the seat along with the title and pay to ship it to Texas and I will take delivery of that junk taking up so much room at his place.;) :P :laugh: :side: :silly: :evil: Looks like you got yourself a NICE RIDE!!

More
16 Oct 2006 05:23 #84647 by btchalice
Replied by btchalice on topic 'nuther newby
i have a fender in good shape when your on the way to missouri you can stop by and pick it up

Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

More
16 Oct 2006 05:54 #84650 by ambergrismooon
Replied by ambergrismooon on topic 'nuther newby
ITS DUSTY! PASS ON THAT ONE! How on earth does anyone let their bike get dusty? When will these people realise that dust is public enemy #1 when it comes to bikes. I have a Chromipian Dextroll 2300 Endust Remover. Please send the bike, the title and a bill-o-sale made out to blank, to me and I will personally supervise the dedusting and return your bike in 20 - 30 years in pristine condition. Too good of a deal to be true? Hurry this deal is limited in time!B) Gud luck wit that O-range ting! Izzz nice!;)

• SpokeWheel650B
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Oct 2006 12:26 #84725 by SpokeWheel650B
Replied by SpokeWheel650B on topic 'nuther newby
Let me know what you need $ for that fender Terry :)
I am planning to move to MO next June....sure lookin' forward to getting out of Northern Mex...err ah I mean California :whistle: :lol:
Thanks for the nice words everyone (and those who have PM'd me regarding getting off this bike, sorry I've been waiting for a nice Zed/mini Zed to come to me again!)

be good or be better

More
16 Oct 2006 13:26 #84740 by pumps
Replied by pumps on topic 'nuther newby
Nice ride..We'll keep the light on for ya here in MO. Don't be out too late ok?

Post edited by: pumps, at: 2006/10/16 16:27

Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

More
16 Oct 2006 13:41 #84744 by btchalice
Replied by btchalice on topic 'nuther newby
you call 8 months soon? you can have it free. and your just moving to northeast mexico the registered population here is 27%. that doesnt count illegals

Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

• SpokeWheel650B
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Oct 2006 14:43 #84749 by SpokeWheel650B
Replied by SpokeWheel650B on topic 'nuther newby
Thanks Terry, can I Paypal you the shipping? or I can toss a money order if it suits ya..let me know what works.
The time will flash by me quicker than I expect...I have an entire lifetime to move out with me (lived in the same gerneral area last 40yrs, seems I've gathered up a few things I'd like to keep in that time frame:S :S :woohoo:

In Ava, MO I didn't hear ANY espanol or see ANY commercials in espanol the entire 2 weeks I was visiting there. I don't get that luxury here..I'M GONE!

More
16 Oct 2006 14:47 #84750 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic 'nuther newby
How the heck did that guy get ahold of my bike?? :blink:

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
16 Oct 2006 15:28 #84761 by pumps
Replied by pumps on topic 'nuther newby
My daughter is in college in Springfield . MO State.
If you hunt or fish, boat, whatever you will be in hog heaven!You're right in the middle of it.

Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

More
16 Oct 2006 15:32 #84762 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic 'nuther newby
Wow!
Another unbelievable score! Shouldn't take too much to get that bad boy back on the blvd. A thorough carb cleaning may be needed. Can't believe that someone would let a beauty like that sit and not ride it once in a while. Well, your good luck!

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC